Often this cleansing - a clean slate - is over discussed at the start of a new calendar year. Many use New Year’s as the only time to address or even begin to accomplish personal feats, challenging new tasks, or correction of flaws. It’s often the only time people think about how to overcome obstacles, develop healthy habits, shed clutter, start new traditions, work on ourselves, and more.
As spring time is upon us let’s look at when resolutions have come and gone, what is it that you still want to change in your life? Let me give you some examples of what I most hear from friends and clients:
- I want to make more money
- I want to work less
- I want to be free from anxiety
- I want my business to grow again
- I want to stop watching my life pass by and start living it
These are wants and they could all be great goals, no doubt. This list could go on for pages. The main difference between what is a dreamed goal and a new vision becoming reality is as simple as whether we feel ourselves in this new role or whether we only say and want the goal.
Another significant difference between dreaming and doing is what we clean off what we stop doing, what we let go of in order to achieve the new vision- think spring cleaning for you and your business!
First, what must we change? What must we let go of, stop doing, and stop talking about in order to free our mind and our energy to re-create the structure for a life that supports our new vision?
Second, are we dwelling on our vision as if we already live the life we envision? Let me explain... If I say: “I want my business to be successful”:
- Have I first done the self work?
- Have I been aware of and accountable for the things I do on behalf of my business?
- Am I consciously changing my behavior?
- Do I envision myself in a thriving, successful business?
It’s easy to say yes to those, but I challenge you to think more on this. I could take business, money, health, growth, family, etc. and do the same analogy for each one. My point: goals are great, but change, vision, and visualization make the difference between a dream and reality.
Here are some quick tips to jumpstart change your life:
- FEED YOUR MIND AND EXERCISE POSITIVE FOCUS EACH MORNING
- BEGIN EACH DAY WITH BREAKFAST
- EAT “LEAN, CLEAN & GREEN”
- DRINK WATER IN ABUNDANCE DAILY
- ENJOY A MINIMUM OF 7 HOURS RESTFUL SLEEP EACH NIGHT
- THE EFAST PRINCIPLE: SAY “NO” IN ORDER TO CREATE SPACE FOR YOU
- MOVE YOUR BODY
- GET OUT OF YOUR NORMAL SPACES
- EXPRESS GRATITUDE DAILY
After all, “Life is a Gift!”.